My biggest goal right now is to streamline my entire life. I want every shelf, drawer and cranny to be filled only with the essentials. No more piles, baskets, or files with j'ne sais quois. But I have not always been so easy on myself. In my attempts at goal numero uno, I came across this list of lifetime goals from several years ago. Let's see how I'm doing.
~Publish a book (yeah right. Does a blurb book count?)
~Publish an article (does a blog count?)
~Climb Mt Timpanogas (why did I not do this when I was at BYU? Now it would require GOING to Utah and who wants to do that? Sorry if you're offended...but seriously.)
~Climb Pikes Peak
~Run a marathon (I started training for an Ultra marathon -52 miles- several years ago but my knees complained bitterly. I warmed up with my friend Thom the day before he ran one. That will have to suffice. I would love to do an iron man in my next life though.)
~Build an adirondack chair and stool (I've decided these chairs fail to meet my comfort specifications but we can leave 'Build something I love' on the list.)
~Have a 26" waist (hmmm. I have NO idea what mine is but it's smaller than the pictures I scrapbooked today of me the day before I delivered the twins)
~Swim across a lake
~Swim in every ocean (2 down)
~Go to every continent (I believe 3 down)
~Read 500 books (I'm probably there. Join goodreads to see my progress of recorded readings)
~Kayak in the ocean (Does Long Island Sound count?)
~Build a cedar chest (I would rather have a shelf with room for 100 cubbies)
~Sail a boat (I steered. Is that close enough?)
~Learn to use a router
~Knit an afghan (How about I finish the one I started before I wrote this list)
~Crochet an afghan
~Sew a ball gown (I will look smashing mopping the floor in a ball gown)
~Make a watercolor quilt
~Make a postage stamp quilt
~Make a fall leaf quilt
~Make a life history quilt (not sure what I had envisioned for this. Does a tshirt quilt count?)
~Paint a mural (I couldn't start with 'learn to paint'?)
~Take an oil painting class
~Take a water color class (hey! I half did this. Should I admit I was asked to leave partway through? That's ok, the feeling was mutual. When I painted a banana she said "That doesn't look like a banana. Make it look like a banana". Yeah if I knew how to do that, she'd be out of a job).
~Live in Europe again
~Make a large stained glass window (I have made a small stained glass piece so getting there)
~Act in a community play
~Make a picture collection of unique gorgeous doors
~Own a mansion
So there you have it. The life dreams of a 20 year old me. I'll keep working and let you know when I'm done.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love this post! I wish I had a list of dreams like that from when I was 20. I think many would have been similar to yours.
It was fun to read this.
Wow...you were much more goal oriented than i am. course i'm sure I could come up with something...maybe I'll start working on it
I've decided that with you it's all or nothing! And I definitely think that the t-shirt quilt counts! You are too funny.
Post a Comment