9 out of 10 times when I ask what my kids want for breakfast, the answer is pancakes. So we have accumulated quite a collection of recipes. Here are two of our favorites.
Pumpkin Pancakes
2c flour (as always, I use whole wheat)
3T brown sugar
1T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 3/4c milk (dry milk and water works fine)
3 eggs
3/4c pumpkin
1/4c oil (do not substitute applesauce)
Griddle Cake Pancakes
1c flour
1T baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2c buttermilk (I never have buttermilk on hand so I use milk and a dash of lemon juice)
1/2c ricotta
3/4t honey (I recently ran out of honey and use brown sugar with good results. Of course my measuring is more like a squirt or a sprinkle)
3/4t oil (again, my measuring is more like a "a quick pour")
1/2 t lemon zest (I usually omit this since I use lemon juice)
1/4t vanilla
1 egg white (I always double the recipe and use a whole egg)
This recipe seems way too watery but they turn out fabulous. The ricotta adds a fair amount of protein so they are a good start to the day.
As you can see, my measurements and methods are far from exact. That's what happens when you make pancakes almost daily. Enjoy and let me know how you like them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
are the griddle cake pancakes the ones you usually make? if so...those are FANTASTIC!
Post a Comment