On New Year's I made a resolution. No 2009 resolutions. I know that truly successful people write down goals. So I do. And then I forget about them. I am pretty sure remembering you wrote down a goal was kind of inherent in the whole successful thing. So this year I decided to make goals consistent with my memory. Monthly instead of annually. Um. That has kind of worked. My 3x5 card is a different color every month so I occasionally notice it but I seem to be missing the checking off part. It's been so bad that in April I figured why bother. That's the spirit!
But, truth be told, it's been buggin' me. So I started thinking, what really needs to get done? Where do I really want to be in a year (well, 7 1/2 months)? My monthly goals need to line up with some bigger goals. Maybe that will help me chip away at them more diligently.
So, happy new year to you all. Here are my 2009 goals:
(Someone remind me I wrote these please!)
Finish reading the Book of Mormon and D&C to the kids
Visit the Temple 5 times
Enter 5000 names in Family Search (I can't remember if this is a lot or a little but I want to at least plug away at it)
Finish packing 72 hr kits
Completely and totally organize the basement
Completely and totally organize the sewing room
Gain 40 lbs and lose 30 lbs (approx.)
I think that's it. That's pretty simple huh? Problem with goals is it doesn't include all that other stuff. Like wash the dishes 3x a day. Vacuum 3x a week. Bath the kids 3x a month. (Haha. You think I'm kidding.) Plan and execute our homeschool. Keep up with the Mom's Ed goals. Practice the piano daily. All THAT stuff. The stuff that keeps me from the simple goals above. And the lofty goals that I would include but really want to check off everything instead of just half of it. Ya know? Tell me you know.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those sound like good goals, except for the gain 40 lose 30 lbs. You realize that it takes 9 months to have a baby right? And you only have 7 1/2 months left in the year. Because that is the only way you are going to gain 40 lbs. Unless you haven't told me something. ???
P.S. You should know by now that I always think of you when I ever I make, look, or eat jello. :)
Vee- I think she knows that...
I decided to make monthly goals this year, too. Sounds like we've been equally successful.
Post a Comment