Friday, December 19, 2008

Scrumdidlyumptious


When I was invited to a friend's house to sew one day, I offered to bring lunch. She said she would just make a hot vegetable salad? WHAT? I was sure I misunderstood but I nodded and smiled politely into the phone. The next day she grilled up some vegetables (yellow squash, zucchini, carrots, onions) with salt, garlic and olive oil. Then she spun some lettuce and set out some goat cheese and balsamic vinigrette. When the vegetables were ready she told me to help myself. What did she want me to do? Put the cooked veggies ON the lettuce? That doesn't make any sense. Surely we're having veggies AND a salad. Not wanting to LOOK like a fool, I chose instead to SOUND like a fool. "Um. What do I do?" She restated the obvious and I skeptically went to town.
Heilige Kuh. You have never tasted anything this amazing. I went back for seconds. And the next day I repeated it at home. Not quite as good because I only had carrots and frozen vegetables. Squash and zucchini though high on my least favorite vegetable list, were spectacular in this dish. However, any way you make it, it is a definite crowd pleaser. And if you can't find a crowd to eat it, invite me. I'll eat enough for the whole crowd.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: