I found this picture in my collection. I am sure I took the picture so I could give you the recipe. I stared at it really hard and I think it must be baked blintzes. I've only made them twice so I'm not positive but that's the only thing I can figure. So, go ahead. Be daring. See if yours looks like my picture. Oh, by the way, these taste nothing like blintzes. Blintzes are my favorite treat. They aren't hard to make, except that it takes me 4 batches of crepes to have one batch still standing for blintzes. So it's a lot of work for someone with no willpower to withstand a pile of crepes. This method contains all the same ingredients, just sloshed together. It's not the same. But it's still very yummy. And takes like 20 minutes instead of 2 hours.

FLOUR MIXTURE:
1 1/4c ww flour (I mean, I suppose you could use white, but why?)
1t baking powder
6T butter
3T sugar
2 eggs
3/4c milk or cream
CHEESE MIXTURE:
16oz cottage cheese (blintzes have ricotta; I assume I used cottage cheese since that's what my recipe card says but I have been known to use these interchangeably. fat schmat. Eat a green smoothie not baked blintzes if you want to be thin)
2T butter
1 egg
1T sour cream
1t vanilla
1t cinnamon
Add apples, cranberries, whatever you feel like but it really needs something with some zing
Layer 1/3-1/2 of the flour mix in an 8x8" pan.
Then cheese mixture, then rest of flour mix.
350 degrees for 50 min until golden brown and puffy. Can top w/ berries after cooking.
1 comment:
I have never heard of blintzes before. No idea what they are supposed to taste like.
Post a Comment