Friday, August 7, 2009

Gourmet Twix Bars

It's taken me a few months to post this picture because the richness of this night has only barely left me. I LOVE twix bars so I decided to make them myself. Below are the steps.

1 - Place a Forget Me Not cookie (walmart's version of a Lorna Doone) in a muffin cup. This contains it all well since they are exactly the same size ... well exact as a circle and oval can be.
2 - Make up the caramel for caramel corn and spoon a small amount on each cookie.
3 - Let harden while you turn the rest of the caramel into caramel corn.
4 - Melt chocolate chips (dark chocolate made them especially rich and sickening) and pour on each cookie (spread some on the bottoms too).
5 - Let cool while you drip the remaining chocolate on any caramel corn that might be leftover from step 3.
6 - Invite over a couple friends for a book club and pig out while they daintily eat a few pieces and rave over your culinary skills.
7 - As soon as they leave reinspect your culinary skills while you vow to never again make twix bars, caramel corn and chocolate caramel corn in the same evening while your husband repeatedly asks his heaving wife "How much did you EAT?"

Note: These were not exactly like Twix - the caramel was a little harder though I think if I put on a thicker layer it might have been chewier like the candy bar. Another time I tried make them with homemade shortbread but thankfully they weren't as good and I managed MUCH more self control.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wait, since I don't remember these treats, it must be the month I was at my grandma's funeral. I missed Twix cookies?!?

Twinlinebackers said...

Yep, that was the month. We missed you sorely that night.