Last month the twins were invited to the bday party for twin boys (see here. No, really. That one IS a link). I hunted and searched high and low for suitable material and FINALLY came to the conclusion (3 days before the party) that I was going to have to succumb to the inevitable. Leave the house. (Ok, not that I'm a total recluse. I am frequently toting the kids on various educational pursuits but to leave the house on important business for ME, well, somehow that just NEVER pops to the top of my energy list). However, two days before the party I finally managed out the door to hunt High and Low at the fabric store.
My requirements were as complicated as this post is rambling. I needed coordinating but different capes for the twins, hopefully incorporating their favorite color purple without being at all girly. Uh yeah. The store didn't have that. I finally (after circling the store for over an hour) settled on weird polyester stretchy shiny stuff (which wouldn't have been such a last resort except my machine is a total fabric snob and WILL NOT sew polyester. Seriously.)
Fortunately (since I started sewing the day before the party) my machine temporarily came down off it's high (purebred) horse and sewed up the polyester with amazing charm. The result was smashing. And a huge hit at the party (see here. Well, wait a week until my connection works again and I'll try to post those pictures).
I was SO in love with the result I considered making the boys new capes. Is that a little too absurd? But they were SO superhero-y!
2 comments:
I'm not sure the superheroes want to be darling...but their capes are.
Those capes are awesome! Monkey was jealous.
Post a Comment